Welcome to hear non-anthropocentric discussion about human and more-than-human relations. If you’re interested in exploring what design and the posthumanist perspective is and how design professionals have been able to adapt this philosophy in design work, then this event is for you.
9.4.2021 Perjantaipresis is offering a mind evoking panel discussion with our guests
- Thomas Laurien designer, researcher, and educator at HDK-Valand – Academy of Art and Design at the University of Gothenburg
- Jana Pejoska design researcher in digital culture, an investigator of the human experiences mediated by technology at University of Helsinki and Aalto University
- Oscar Mörke Wallenberg Fellow at Nordic Innovation House and co-founder of the digital agency Etablera
- Agnes Backegård sustainability entrepreneur at Where is my pony
- Satu Heikinheimo service designer at Fraktio and host of the event
The panelists will discuss what has changed in their view of looking at design and development work? How can we consider more-than-human when designing anything? And what is the conflict between human-centric design and designing sustainably? Why a good starting point is an entanglement?
We are gradually becoming aware that man is not the center of the universe, and that we need to expand our understanding of what it means to be human today.